NIȽ TU,O’s Culture Camp is a great opportunity for Coast Salish kids to engage with their communities and deepen their self-exploration.
Throughout July and August, we offer a day camp with a variety of activities to help kids stay connected with the Coast Salish worldview, language and culture as well as their peers in the community.
Coast Salish children in the continuing care stream at NIȽ TU,O and/or are connected to our Family Support Worker (FSW) families are eligible and can register by contacting Vanessa Boylan at email@example.com.
- Activities the kids will be a part of include:
- Making Devils Club necklaces
- Flying Squirrel and a trip to Island View Beach
- Making Medicine Pouches and a trip to Centennial Park
- Bowling and a day trip to Langford Lake
- Taking a trip to East Sooke Park
- Camping at Living Forest Oceanside Campground, Nanaimo
- Playing Clamshell Rattles and a trip to Beacon Hill Park
- Practicing Reef Netting
- Canoeing – Paddle to the Islands
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us Vanessa Boylan at firstname.lastname@example.org.