Our Vision for NIȽ TU,O Child and Family Services Society is to rebuild healthy families, communities and Nations that is based on who we are as NEW (people).
- NIȽ TU,O Child & Family Services Society is to provide programs and services that are built on a foundation of our SNEPENEK (teachings) of our SULKWAN (Elders).
- Our trained staff will support children and families in a culturally safe manner, with confidentiality and professionalism.
- Our families will assume their roles and responsibilities within their extended family and community.
- Our Board of Directors are our voice and commitment to each of the seven (7) member communities that we serve.
- Our programs and services are coming from the perspective of NUTSAMAUT SKWALAWAN (working together as one).
As a Social Worker you will work in the community by completing assessments and developing plans that strengthen and assist parents/caregivers in developing their skills and ability to safely care for their children. You will be part of a collaborative team, working alongside the community designate and the Ministry for Children and Family Development. Part of your duties will be Family Services, Voluntary Services, Guardianship and approving and supporting foster homes.
You will be working in a variety of situations, from individual sessions, integrated case management meetings and Community Practice Circles; with children, youth and parents, to extended families, peer-support groups and information/educational settings. This position will report to a Community Services Manager and work in the Southern Vancouver Island geographic area.
We seek candidates with ability to provide Child Protection Services.